15 Rainbow Baby Quotes - Uplifting, Meaningful Phrases
Apr 30, 2018 4:12:01 PM
Finding out you’re expecting a baby should be a time of great joy and nervous happiness, but for some women, it can create a range of emotions. If a woman finds out she is pregnant after she has lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death, this baby is known as a rainbow baby.
Rainbow babies are a sign of hope after a turbulent period – hence the name – but being pregnant after such a traumatic experience can leave a woman confused, anxious, or even guilty. If you find yourself in this position, or have a friend who seems to need some encouragement, here are a few of our favourite rainbow baby quotes.
1. The pain you have been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming. – Romans 8: 18
Even though you may not be able to see it now, your rainbow baby will once again bring you untold joy, just as your angel baby once did.
2. The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow. - Unknown
The more bad experiences we've had, the more we know to treasure and appreciate good times.
3. Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain; but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain. – Unknown
Having had the experience of losing a child, you’ll be sure to appreciate your miracle baby even more because you know what it is to have lost.
4. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
The storm in your mind and heart may not cease the next moment, but if you do not let yourself fully grieve, closure will be harder than ever. It may not be easy, but allowing yourself to crumble (perhaps with a loved one around for support), may be healthier than keeping your feelings bottled up.
5. Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever. – The Prophet
A rainbow baby will not make you forget your angel baby; nothing can do that. But they can help you deal with that loss as they act as a reminder to you of what was before.
6. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. – Corinthians 13: 7-8
A meaningful quote for you to hold close to your heart. Having another baby does not mean you will lose your love for your angel baby. Your love for them will never go away; it will always be there, alongside your love for your rainbow baby.
7. Your fingerprints are on my heart. – Tom Krause
Angel babies may not be with us anymore but they will never be forgotten; even though they touched our lives for a short time their memory will always live on.
8. An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, “too beautiful for earth”. – Unknown
Losing a baby can bring up a lot of unanswerable questions. Do not try to find answers, but cherish the memory of your angel baby and revel in your love for your rainbow baby.
9. When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place. – C.S. Lewis
Rainbow babies are blessings. Though they may come amid stress and anxiety, make no mistake about the hope and optimism they will bring.
10. The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the ocean. – Isak Dinesen
However you are feeling, know that it is okay to not be okay. It is okay to be upset and to feel sad, just as it is okay to rejoice in the birth of your rainbow baby.
11. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. – A.A. Milne
Even if your baby did not spend a lot of time on this earth, they are sure to have affected you deeply and will continue to affect you, but there is also place in your heart for a new love.
12. I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that you have prepared. – Exodus 23: 20
Our rainbow babies may not be physically with us now, but they are watching over us, and in the meantime, have sent us their little siblings to us, care for us on earth.
13. For love is as strong as death. – Song of Solomon 8:6
Love is stronger than grief. No matter how hard you grieve, you will survive and you will love again.
14. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. – Robert Browning
There is no person stronger than a mother. Motherhood begins the moment you are pregnant and you will never lose that label, no matter what happens.
15. Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. – Barbara Kingsolver
Being a mother will make you feel emotions you never thought possible. It will show you your strength like never before. No matter what tragedy may strike you or your family, you will get through it and you will flourish on the other side.
We hope you feel better soon.
Losing a baby is devastating. It is something that cannot be explained, put into words or understood by anyone who has not gone through the same thing. But a rainbow baby can bring you peace and love again, just as your angel baby did before. We hope these rainbow baby quotes cheered you up, even if just a little.